Members of the SUMA student body are meeting with SUMA’s administration to work on how to address inequity and racism within our curricula and academic structures. We join many students & faculty on campus who want to see this change.
- Earth Institute
- “Standing Together in the Wake of Anti-Black Violence,” University Life (5/29/20)
- “Columbia’s Commitment to Antiracism” by President Lee Bollinger (7/21/20)
- Email from the Office of the Dean (6/2/20)
Report an Incident:
- Report a bias issue: The office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Report a crime: Department of Public Safety
- Report a student conduct issue: The office of Student Conduct and Community Standards
- Weekly virtual support space for black students on Thursdays at 4 pm, from June 11 through August 13. The spaces will be facilitated by Addette Williams and Keoshia Worthy. As well, other summer virtual support spaces continue through Columbia Health’s Counseling and Psychological Services (for students who have paid the Columbia Health and related services fee).
- Increased same-day and next-day support through CUIMC Mental Health Services (for CUIMC students)
Community & Events
Books, Video, Podcasts
- Racial Equity and Social Enterprise, resources from The Tamer Center for Social Enterprise. Includes sector-specific information for nonprofits, public management, impact investing, and international development.
- Resources for Promoting Racial Justice & Eliminating Anti-Black Violence. Books, films, and podcasts to learn and engage in current movements.
- University Life Forum: Black Lives Matter, Protest and Creating Change: Aired 6/11/20