Please join the Women and Sustainability Group for their first hands-on workshop: “Writing a Compelling Value Proposition” on Monday, November 12th at 8pm in Lewisohn 508. Please RSVP HERE!
The Workshop will teach you important skills that every woman wishing to move into a leadership position should possess. During this workshop, you will:
• Learn about the five necessary components of a value proposition
• Practice using a value proposition when writing a cover letter for a new position, when asking your company for support on behalf of a sustainability project, when requesting a C Level meeting within a Fortune 500 corporation, and when opening up any presentation.
• Build a customized value proposition of your own to use throughout your sustainability journey
• Become more empowered as a woman at all levels within the corporate workplace
Once mastered, the ability to write and deliver a value proposition will differentiate you and enable you to enhance your personal brand. To make the most of this workshop, we ask that you bring:
1) A laptop
2) A copy of your resume
3) An idea of what your value proposition is and should look like
This workshop will be led by Mary Sue Clark is a Senior Sales & Marketing Executive with 25+ years of successful Sales, Marketing and Business Development with Fortune 500 companies. She is currently serving on the Board of Advisors for Sansur Renewables and is a member of Southface in Atlanta, GA. She is the founder of a new company currently being launched with a focus on Women in Green.
In addition, her ability to write and deliver compelling value propositions has enabled her to build strong relationships with leading multi-national brands such as The Coca-Cola Company, Xerox, and others. This has also enabled her to develop technology strategies for all size organizations, both domestically and internationally.
Since wireless technologies are being used worldwide to support sustainability initiatives, the combination of her experience in both technology and sustainability are truly valuable in this space. Her award winning product development on a national scope has demonstrated her ability to map solutions to business drivers of different industries. She holds a Masters degree in Administration from Auburn University as well as a MBA from the University of South Florida.