On Tuesday, January 15, the School of Continuing Education will be hosting orientation for new students in the M.S. in Sustainability Management program. During our program’s breakout session, we would like to provide peer advising for new students. Please email Allison Ladue know if you will able to act as a peer advisor on Tuesday, January 15th from 3:30-6:30 p.m. (for a 1.5 hour or 3 hour session) in Lerner Hall. Thank you!
During this session, current students will advise new students on the following topics:
· What courses are appropriate for a first semester students?
· What has your experience been as a part-time student while working? OR What has your experience been as a full-time student?
· If you don’t have a strong math background, what are the best economics and quantitative analysis courses to take?
· If you don’t have a strong science background, what are the best physical dimensions courses to take?
· What has been the best class you have taken so far and why?
· Have you been successful in cross-registering for courses in other university schools and departments?
· What is it like to be a student in the program? What do you wish you had known in your first semester?