Interested in getting more involved in energy and environment issues? Want to get to know other graduate students across Columbia?
Join the SIPA Energy Association! We are a student-run organization dedicated to building relationships among SIPA and other Columbia graduate programs as well as connecting the student energy body with energy sector practitioners in all spectrums of the field. Diverse membership brings a variety of professional backgrounds to the organization. SEA’s members work in careers that will directly impact the world’s energy future.
What comes with a SEA membership?
– brown bag lunches with industry professionals
– opportunities to participate in energy competitions
– networking field trips to Houston and San Francisco (funded by each student participating in the field trip)
– happy hours with other SEA members and alumni
– hikes and bike rides
– Professional Energy Hikes: opportunities for students to go to out into NYC and see career opportunities in Columbia’s backyard
If SEA sounds like the club for you, you can join by bringing your membership dues (a one time payment of $35 cash) to the office hours of the Energy and Environment DRAs Madeline and Florian:
– Florian: Mondays, 11am-1pm, room 804 in the International Affairs Building
– Madeline: Wednesdays, 1-3pm, room 804 in the International Affairs Building
For any further questions, feel free to reach out to SEA’s Director of Membership and Career Affairs, Leah Grossman at