AKA Change of Program Period
AKA Course Shopping Period
During the Add/Drop period, students can add and drop courses online using Student Services Online (SSOL). It’s a very exciting — you can check out all the courses you want and find out if they meet your expectations, after all the research you’ve done. The official Add/Drop period begins on Monday, January 11th, and ends on Friday, January 22nd.
Before we get into the details, you should first save the date for these two SUMASA events! You’ll learn about courses, professors, and how to plan your time at Columbia to prepare for a career in sustainability management:
Course Speed Dating
Thursday, January 14 | 8:15pm – 9:15pm.
Join us on Zoom and get to know the awesome SUMA courses offered this Spring and the stellar professors that teach em’! Chat with current students who’ve taken these courses and learn the ins-and-outs of each! Feel free to bring a beverage of choice to sip on while learning all about our program’s great Fall classes.
The Add/Drop period will take place exclusively online for Spring 2021. Canvas sites will be set to be accessible to anyone with a Columbia UNI and password so that all students can access the Zoom class meeting links via Courseworks. If you are not currently registered for a course that you plan to “shop”, you should attend the class online. Do not visit the course in person.
To find the Zoom link:
- Log in to Vergil and search for the class.
- Click on the class you’re interested in and then the text link More Information.
- Click on the a button View in Courseworks, this will take you to the course Courseworks page. (If there’s an error, double-check that you’re logged in.)
- Click on Zoom Class Sessions on the left.
Important Dates (Registrar Calendar)
- Monday, January 11 – Start of Add/Drop period.
- Friday, January 22 – End of Add/Drop period. The last day to for students to add/drop classes and the last day that instructors may add a student from the Wait List for full-term. The Wait List tool will close at 9:30 p.m. Students may be added to a course from the Wait List overnight into Saturday, January 23, and are urged to check their Wait List status on Friday, January 22, before 9:30 p.m.
If you need to change classes after the Add/Drop period, you may do so on January 24. This may result in financial liability and full tuition charges may be incurred for any courses added or dropped after the Change of Program period. Visit the Post-Change of Program Add/Drop page for more guidance about this process.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.